About AUS Airport
Austin-Bergstrom International Airport (AUS) is the primary airport serving the city of Austin, Texas, United States. It is located approximately 5 miles (8 kilometers) southeast of downtown Austin. The airport is named after Captain John August Earl Bergstrom, an officer in the United States Air Force who served during World War II.
Here are some key details about Austin-Bergstrom International Airport:
- Airlines and Destinations: The airport serves as a hub for several major airlines, including American Airlines and Southwest Airlines. It offers both domestic and international flights to various destinations in the United States, Mexico, Canada, and Europe.
- Passenger Facilities: Austin-Bergstrom International Airport has a modern and efficient terminal building with two concourses: Barbara Jordan Terminal (formerly known as South Terminal) and the newer 9-gate East Terminal. The airport offers a range of passenger amenities, including dining options, retail shops, lounges, and free Wi-Fi access throughout the terminal.
- Ground Transportation: Several ground transportation options are available to and from the airport. These include taxis, ride-sharing services, shuttles, and car rental services. The airport is also connected to downtown Austin and other major destinations in the city by public transportation, including MetroBus and MetroRail.
- Parking: The airport provides both short-term and long-term parking options for travelers. There are multiple parking garages and surface lots located near the terminal, offering convenient access to the airport. Additionally, the airport has a Cell Phone Lot where drivers can wait for arriving passengers free of charge.
- Expansion and Facilities: Austin-Bergstrom International Airport has undergone significant expansion and renovation in recent years to accommodate the growing passenger traffic. It features modern facilities and amenities, including comfortable seating areas, charging stations, and a variety of dining and shopping options.
- Environmental Sustainability: The airport is known for its commitment to environmental sustainability. It has implemented several initiatives to reduce its carbon footprint, including the use of renewable energy, water conservation efforts, and a comprehensive recycling program.
Flights Available Following Destinations From Austin-Bergstrom International Airport
|Dallas-Fort Worth (DFW)||Chicago (MDW)||Charleston (CHS)||Sarasota / Bradenton (SRQ)|
|Los Angeles (LAX)||El Paso (ELP)||Washington (DCA)||Pensacola (PNS)|
|Atlanta (ATL)||Minneapolis (MSP)||Ontario (ONT)||Cozumel (CZM)|
|Denver (DEN)||Tampa (TPA)||Portland (PDX)||Calgary (YYC)|
|Dallas (DAL)||Raleigh / Durham (RDU)||Columbus (CMH)||Bozeman (BZN)|
|Chicago (ORD)||Fort Lauderdale (FLL)||Mexico City (MEX)||Sioux Falls (FSD)|
|Las Vegas (LAS)||Washington (IAD)||Oakland, East Bay (OAK)||Pittsburgh (PIT)|
|Phoenix (PHX)||Albuquerque (ABQ)||Toronto (YYZ)||Taos (TSM)|
|Orlando (MCO)||Indianapolis (IND)||Burbank (BUR)||Asheville (AVL)|
|Houston (IAH)||Sacramento (SMF)||Memphis (MEM)||Knoxville (TYS)|
|New York City (JFK)||St. Louis (STL)||Aspen (ASE)||Provo (PVU)|
|New York (EWR)||Cancún (CUN)||Amarillo (AMA)||Vancouver (YVR)|
|Seattle / Tacoma (SEA)||Kansas City (MCI)||Midland (MAF)||Des Moines (DSM)|
|Nashville (BNA)||Santa Ana (SNA)||Reno (RNO)||Omaha (OMA)|
|New Orleans (MSY)||Philadelphia (PHL)||Lubbock (LBB)||Orlando (SFB)|
|San Diego (SAN)||Cincinnati (CVG)||Puerto Vallarta (PVR)||Montego Bay (MBJ)|
|Charlotte (CLT)||San José del Cabo (SJD)||Boise (BOI)||Nassau (NAS)|
|San Francisco (SFO)||Oklahoma City (OKC)||Monterrey (MTY)||Punta Cana (PUJ)|
|Boston (BOS)||Tulsa (TUL)||Honolulu (HNL)||Madison (MSN)|
|San Jose (SJC)||Jacksonville (JAX)||Panama City (PTY)||Birmingham (BHM)|
|Miami (MIA)||Harlingen (HRL)||Liberia (LIR)||Fort Myers (RSW)|
|Salt Lake City (SLC)||Long Beach (LGB)||Amsterdam (AMS)||Vail / Eagle (EGE)|
|Baltimore-Washington (BWI)||London Heathrow (LHR)||Frankfurt (FRA)||Cleveland (CLE)|
|Houston (HOU)||Panama City (ECP)||Louisville (SDF)||Palm Springs (PSP)|
|Detroit (DTW)||Destin / Fort Walton Beach (VPS)||Grand Rapids (GRR)||Santa Fe (SAF)|
Top Airlines Operate from Fort Austin International Airport
|Advanced Airlines||British Airways||Hawaiian Airlines||Royal Air Maroc|
|Aer Lingus||Brussels Airlines||Iberia||Royal Jordanian|
|AeroMexico||China Airlines||Icelandair||SAS Scandinavian Airlines|
|Air Canada||China Eastern Airlines||ITA Airways||Singapore Airlines|
|Air France||Copa Airlines||JAL – Japan Airlines||Southwest Airlines|
|Air New Zealand||Delta Air Lines||JetBlue Airways||Spirit|
|Air Tahiti Nui||Denver Air Connection||JSX||Sun Country|
|Alaska Airlines||El Al Israel Airlines||Kalitta Air||Swift Air|
|All Nippon Airways – ANA||Emirates||KLM Royal Dutch Airlines||SWISS|
|Allegiant Air||Etihad Airways||Korean Air||TAP Air Portugal|
|American Airlines||Fiji Airways||LATAM Airlines||Turkish Airlines|
|Asiana Airlines||Finnair||Lufthansa||United Airlines|
|ATI – Air Transport Internationa||Flexjet||Malaysia Airlines||Virgin Atlantic|
|Azul||Frontier Airlines||NetJets Aviation||Virgin Australia|
|Breeze Airways||Gulf Air||Qatar Airways||XOJET|
Facts And Other Information Austin , Texas USA Airport
Postal address-3600 Presidential Blvd, Austin, TX 78719, United States
Contact Number- +1 512-530-2242
IATA Code:- AUS