About LUR Airport
Cape Lisburne LRRS Airport, also known as Cape Lisburne Long Range Radar Station Airport, is a public-use airport located on the Cape Lisburne Peninsula in the North Slope Borough of Alaska, United States. The airport is situated approximately 16 miles northeast of Point Hope, Alaska.
Here are some key details about Cape Lisburne LRRS Airport:
- Location: Cape Lisburne LRRS Airport is located on the northwestern coast of Alaska, specifically on the Cape Lisburne Peninsula. The airport is situated in a remote area with limited infrastructure.
- Ownership: The airport is owned and operated by the United States Air Force (USAF). It serves as a part of the Air Force Space Command's 21st Space Wing and is primarily used for military purposes.
- Facilities: Cape Lisburne LRRS Airport has a single runway designated 9/27, which is approximately 7,300 feet long. The runway is paved and capable of accommodating various types of aircraft. The airport also features a small terminal building and other support facilities necessary for military operations.
- Military Operations: The primary purpose of Cape Lisburne LRRS Airport is to support military operations, specifically in the areas of long-range radar surveillance and space surveillance. The airport plays a crucial role in detecting and tracking objects in space, such as satellites and debris, to ensure the safety and security of space assets.
- Public Use: While the airport is primarily used for military operations, it is also open to public use. However, due to its remote location and limited infrastructure, public access and services at the airport may be restricted or limited. It is advisable to contact the airport authorities or relevant agencies for specific information regarding public use and services.
Flights Available Following Destinations From Cape Lisburne LRRS Airport
|Kotzebue (OTZ)||Point Hope (PHO)|
Top Airlines Operate from Cape Lisburne LRRS Airport
|Bering Air||Bering Air||Bering Air|
Facts And Other Information Cape Lisburne LRRS Airport
Postal address-Point Hope, AK 99766, United States
Latitude- 68.8722° N,
Longitude- 166.0910° W
Contact Number- +1-907-552-9730
IATA Code:- LUR
Runway:- 14,805 by 135 feet (1,465 x 41 m).