About DTW Airport
Detroit Metropolitan Wayne County Airport, commonly known as Detroit Metro Airport or simply DTW, is a major international airport located in Romulus, Michigan, near Detroit. It is one of the busiest airports in the United States and serves as a hub for several major airlines, including Delta Air Lines.
Here are some key facts about Detroit Metro Airport:
- Location: Detroit Metro Airport is situated approximately 20 miles (32 kilometers) southwest of downtown Detroit in Wayne County, Michigan.
- Terminals: The airport has two major passenger terminals: the McNamara Terminal (also known as Terminal 1) and the North Terminal (Terminal 2). The McNamara Terminal is the larger and more modern of the two.
- Airlines: Detroit Metro Airport is a hub for Delta Air Lines, which operates a significant portion of the flights at the airport. Several other domestic and international airlines also operate flights to and from the airport.
- Passenger Traffic: Detroit Metro Airport is consistently ranked among the top 20 busiest airports in North America in terms of passenger traffic. In recent years, it has handled tens of millions of passengers annually.
- Facilities: The airport offers a wide range of amenities and facilities for travelers, including various dining options, retail stores, duty-free shops, lounges, and business services. It also has on-site hotels for the convenience of passengers.
- Runways: Detroit Metro Airport has six runways, including two parallel runways at each terminal complex. These runways accommodate a high volume of air traffic and enable the airport to handle large aircraft.
- Cargo Operations: In addition to passenger flights, Detroit Metro Airport is a significant hub for cargo operations. It has extensive facilities for cargo handling and serves as a major distribution center for freight in the region.
- Ground Transportation: The airport provides various ground transportation options, including car rental services, taxis, limousines, ride-sharing services, and public transportation. There are also parking facilities available for both short-term and long-term parking.
- Expansion and Renovations: Over the years, Detroit Metro Airport has undergone several expansion and renovation projects to enhance its facilities and accommodate increasing passenger demand. These projects have included terminal upgrades, runway expansions, and the addition of new amenities.
- Connectivity: Detroit Metro Airport offers a wide range of domestic and international flight connections. It serves as a major gateway for travelers to and from the Midwest region of the United States, connecting to various destinations worldwide.
Flights Available Following Destinations From Detroit Metro Airport
|Atlanta (ATL)||Salt Lake City (SLC)||Green Bay (GRB)||Knoxville (TYS)|
|Chicago (ORD)||San Francisco (SFO)||San Juan (SJU)||Sault Sainte Marie (CIU)|
|New York City (LGA)||Miami (MIA)||Elmira / Corning (ELM)||Harrisburg (MDT)|
|Orlando (MCO)||Milwaukee (MKE)||Providence (PVD)||Charleston (CHS)|
|New York (EWR)||Grand Rapids (GRR)||Paris (CDG)||Greensboro (GSO)|
|Dallas-Fort Worth (DFW)||Cincinnati (CVG)||Lansing (LAN)||Savannah (SAV)|
|Las Vegas (LAS)||Pittsburgh (PIT)||Lexington (LEX)||Rome (Fiumicino) (FCO)|
|Charlotte (CLT)||Madison (MSN)||Norfolk (ORF)||Chattanooga (CHA)|
|Philadelphia (PHL)||Syracuse (SYR)||Frankfurt (FRA)||Monterrey (MTY)|
|Denver (DEN)||Traverse City (TVC)||Appleton (ATW)||Portland (PDX)|
|Los Angeles (LAX)||Albany (ALB)||Kalamazoo / Battle Creek (AZO)||Santa Ana (SNA)|
|Washington (DCA)||Columbus (CMH)||Memphis (MEM)||Honolulu (HNL)|
|Houston (IAH)||Hartford (BDL)||Portland (PWM)||Huntsville (HSV)|
|Seattle / Tacoma (SEA)||Buffalo (BUF)||Greenville / Spartanburg (GSP)||Amman (AMM)|
|Boston (BOS)||Indianapolis (IND)||Myrtle Beach (MYR)||Calgary (YYC)|
|Minneapolis (MSP)||Rochester (ROC)||Birmingham (BHM)||Bloomington (BMI)|
|New York City (JFK)||Cleveland (CLE)||London Heathrow (LHR)||Shanghai (PVG)|
|Chicago (MDW)||Kansas City (MCI)||Jacksonville (JAX)||Destin / Fort Walton Beach (VPS)|
|Toronto (YYZ)||San Diego (SAN)||Pellston (PLN)||Pensacola (PNS)|
|Nashville (BNA)||Fort Myers (RSW)||Reykjavik (Keflavik) (KEF)||Iron Mountain (IMT)|
|Phoenix (PHX)||Amsterdam (AMS)||New Orleans (MSY)||Sarasota / Bradenton (SRQ)|
|Washington (IAD)||Cancún (CUN)||Burlington (BTV)||Puerto Vallarta (PVR)|
|St. Louis (STL)||White Plains (HPN)||Tokyo (HND)||Bozeman (BZN)|
|Baltimore-Washington (BWI)||Louisville (SDF)||West Palm Beach (PBI)||San José del Cabo (SJD)|
|Fort Lauderdale (FLL)||Omaha (OMA)||Seoul (ICN)||Punta Cana (PUJ)|
|Montreal (YUL)||Saginaw (MBS)||Mexico City (MEX)||Alpena (APN)|
|Austin (AUS)||San Antonio (SAT)||Munich (MUC)||Montego Bay (MBJ)|
|Tampa (TPA)||Richmond (RIC)||Escanaba (ESC)||State College (SCE)|
|Raleigh / Durham (RDU)||Des Moines (DSM)||Marquette (MQT)|
Top Airlines Operate from Detroit Metro Airport
|Delta||Southwest Airlines||Air Canada|
|Spirit Airlines||Frontier Airlines||JetBlue|
|American Airlines||United Airlines||WestJet|
Postal address- Romulus, MI 48242, USA
Contact Number- +1-734-247-7678
IATA Code:- DTW
Runway:- 8,500 feet long