About Haikou Meilan International Airport
Haikou Meilan International Airport (IATA: HAK, ICAO: ZJHK) is a major international airport serving Haikou, the capital city of Hainan Province in the People’s Republic of China. It is located 25 kilometres (16 mi) southeast of the city center and was opened in 1999, replacing the old Dayingshan Airport located along what is now the city’s Guoxing Avenue. The airport has two terminals, one for domestic flights and one for international flights. The domestic terminal has 45 check-in counters and 11 security checkpoints, while the international terminal has 30 check-in counters and 9 security checkpoints. The airport also has a cargo terminal and a general aviation terminal.
Here is some information about Haikou Meilan International Airport:
- Location: Haikou Meilan International Airport is located in the northern part of Hainan Island, approximately 25 kilometers (about 16 miles) from the city center of Haikou.
- Facilities: The airport has a modern terminal building with facilities and services for both domestic and international travelers. It offers a range of amenities, including shops, restaurants, lounges, car rental services, and transportation options to and from the airport.
Terminals: The airport has two passenger terminals: Terminal 1 and Terminal 2.
- Terminal 1: Terminal 1 primarily handles domestic flights within China. It is the older of the two terminals but has been renovated to provide improved services to passengers.
- Terminal 2: Terminal 2 is the international terminal, serving both international and some domestic flights. It is a more modern and spacious facility, equipped to handle international travelers.
- Airlines and Destinations: Haikou Meilan International Airport serves as a hub for several Chinese airlines, including Hainan Airlines and Lucky Air. It offers flights to numerous domestic destinations across China and a growing number of international routes to countries in Asia and beyond.
Runways: The airport features two parallel runways:
- Runway 09/27: 3,600 meters (approximately 11,811 feet) in length.
- Runway 18/36: 3,600 meters (approximately 11,811 feet) in length.
- Transportation: Travelers can access the airport via various transportation options, including taxis, shuttle buses, and private car services. The airport is well-connected to the city center and surrounding areas.
- Cargo Operations: In addition to passenger services, Haikou Meilan International Airport also handles cargo operations and serves as an important gateway for the transportation of goods to and from Hainan Province.
- Future Expansion: The airport has seen ongoing expansion and development to accommodate the growing demand for air travel to and from Hainan Island. New facilities and services have been added to enhance the passenger experience.
Flights Available Following Destinations From Haikou Meilan International Airport
|Guangzhou (CAN)||Guilin (KWL)||Wenzhou (WNZ)||Yulin (YLX)||Tangshan (TVS)||Jingzhou (SHS)|
|Changsha (CSX)||Guiyang (KWE)||Zhanjiang (ZHA)||Liuzhou (LZH)||Enyang (BZX)||Lianyungang (LYG)|
|Shenzhen (SZX)||Xiamen (XMN)||Shenyang (SHE)||Yuncheng (YCU)||Yongzhou (LLF)||Hechi (HCJ)|
|Wuhan (WUH)||Shantou (SWA)||Fuyang (FUG)||Linfen (LFQ)||Chenzhou (HCZ)||Yinchuan (INC)|
|Zhengzhou (CGO)||Chengdu (CTU)||Anqing (AQG)||Heze (HZA)||Shaoyang (WGN)||Ezhou (EHU)|
|Chongqing (CKG)||Fuzhou (FOC)||Zunyi (WMT)||Yancheng (YNZ)||Hohhot (HET)||Enshi City (ENH)|
|Shanghai (PVG)||Yichang (YIH)||Harbin (HRB)||Bangkok (BKK)||Yueyang (YYA)||Tekirdag (TEN)|
|Beijing (PEK)||Taiyuan (TYN)||Wuhu Xuanzhou (WHA)||Kuala Lumpur (KUL)||Changde (CGD)||Meizhou (MXZ)|
|Hangzhou (HGH)||Jinan (TNA)||Yichun, Jiangxi (YIC)||Luoyang (LYA)||Xiangyang (XFN)||Datong (DAT)|
|Nanchang (KHN)||Hong Kong (HKG)||Ordos City (DSN)||Rizhao (RIZ)||Dazhou (DZH)||Macau (MFM)|
|Kunming (KMG)||Hefei (HFE)||Jiujiang (JIU)||Jingdezhen (JDZ)||Jining (JNG)||Wuxi / Suzhou (WUX)|
|Zhuhai (ZUH)||Shijiazhuang (SJW)||Hengyang (HNY)||Xuzhou (XUZ)||Yangzhou (YTY)||Nanchong (NAO)|
|Nanning (NNG)||Ningbo (NGB)||Lanzhou (LHW)||Sanming (SQJ)||Beihai (BHY)||Sydney (SYD)|
|Xi’an (XIY)||Mianyang (MIG)||Ji’an (JGS)||Handan (HDG)||Weifang (WEF)||Busan (PUS)|
|Nanjing (NKG)||Singapore (SIN)||Yibin (YBP)||Wanzhou (WXN)||Nanyang (NNY)||Seoul (ICN)|
|Chengdu (TFU)||Ganzhou (KOW)||Quzhou (JUZ)||Taizhou (HYN)||Xingyi, Guizhou (ACX)||Melbourne (MEL)|
|Beijing Daxing (PKX)||Changzhou (CZX)||Zunyi (ZYI)||Luzhou (LZO)||Huaihua (HJJ)||Phnom Penh (PNH)|
|Shanghai (SHA)||Tianjin (TSN)||Qionghai (BAR)||Xining (XNN)||Changchun and Jilin City (CGQ)||Quanzhou (JJN)|
Top Airlines Operate from Fort HAK Haikou Meilan International Airport
|Air China (CA)||China Eastern (MU)||GX Airlines (GX)||Shandong Airlines (SC)|
|Beijing Capital (JD)||China Southern (CZ)||Hainan Airlines (HU)||Shenzhen Airlines (ZH)|
|Tianjin Airlines (GS)|
Facts And Other Information Haikou , Hainan China Airport
Postal address-WFQ6+CV6, Meilan District, Haikou, Hainan, China, 571126
Longitude- 110.4621° E
Contact Number- +86 898 6576 0114
IATA Code:- HAK
ICAO Code:- ZJHK