About OAK Airport
Oakland International Airport (OAK) is an international airport located in Oakland, California, United States. It is situated approximately 10 miles (16 kilometers) south of downtown Oakland and about 35 miles (56 kilometers) east of San Francisco. OAK is owned and operated by the Port of Oakland.
Here are some key details about Oakland International Airport:
- Facilities: The airport spans over 2,600 acres (1,052 hectares) and has two terminals: Terminal 1 and Terminal 2. Terminal 1 primarily serves domestic flights, while Terminal 2 is dedicated to international flights and domestic flights from Southwest Airlines. Both terminals offer a range of amenities including dining options, shops, and services.
- Airlines and Destinations: Oakland International Airport is a focus city for Southwest Airlines and serves as a gateway to the San Francisco Bay Area. It offers a variety of domestic and international flights. Major airlines operating at OAK include Southwest Airlines, Alaska Airlines, Spirit Airlines, and Hawaiian Airlines. The airport provides flights to numerous destinations across the United States, as well as a few international destinations in Mexico and Europe.
- Passenger Traffic: Oakland International Airport handles a significant number of passengers each year. Last year it served over 15 million passengers, making it the third-largest airport in the San Francisco Bay Area.
- Ground Transportation: The airport offers various ground transportation options for passengers. These include car rental services, taxis, ride-sharing services, and public transportation. The Bay Area Rapid Transit (BART) system provides a direct connection to the airport via the Oakland Coliseum Station, allowing travelers to easily access the airport from various locations in the Bay Area.
- Future Development: Oakland International Airport has ongoing development plans to improve its infrastructure and passenger experience. These plans include terminal renovations, upgrades to parking facilities, and the addition of new amenities. The airport is committed to sustainable practices and has implemented various initiatives to reduce its environmental impact.
Flights Available Following Destinations From Oakland International Airport
|Las Vegas (LAS)||Honolulu (HNL)||Kailua-Kona (KOA)||Mexico City (MEX)|
|Burbank (BUR)||Kahului (OGG)||Houston (HOU)||San Salvador (SAL)|
|Los Angeles (LAX)||Chicago (MDW)||Kansas City (MCI)||Morelia (MLM)|
|San Diego (SAN)||Bellingham (BLI)||New York (EWR)||Nashville (BNA)|
|Seattle / Tacoma (SEA)||Lihue, Kauai (LIH)||Albuquerque (ABQ)||San José del Cabo (SJD)|
|Portland (PDX)||Eugene (EUG)||Austin (AUS)||Idaho Falls (IDA)|
|Santa Ana (SNA)||Dallas (DAL)||Palm Springs (PSP)||Missoula (MSO)|
|Denver (DEN)||Guadalajara (GDL)||Santa Barbara (SBA)||Kalispell (FCA)|
|Salt Lake City (SLC)||Reno (RNO)||Dallas-Fort Worth (DFW)||Atlanta (ATL)|
|Phoenix (PHX)||Spokane (GEG)||St. Louis (STL)||Terceira Island (TER)|
|Long Beach (LGB)||Boise (BOI)||Philadelphia (PHL)||New Orleans (MSY)|
|Ontario (ONT)||Crescent City (CEC)||León (BJX)||Baltimore-Washington (BWI)|
Top Airlines Operate from Fort OAK Oakland Airport
|Advanced Airlines||Emirates||Kalitta Air||Spirit|
|AeroMexico||Fiji Airways||Kalitta Charters||Sun Country|
|Air France||Finnair||KLM Royal Dutch Airlines||Swift Air|
|Alaska Airlines||Flexjet||Korean Air||TAP Air Portugal|
|Allegiant Air||Frontier Airlines||NetJets Aviation||United Airlines|
|American Airlines||Hawaiian Airlines||Qantas||Virgin Atlantic|
|Azores Airlines||Icelandair||Qatar Airways||Volaris|
|Boutique Air||JAL – Japan Airlines||Singapore Airlines||Volaris El Salvador|
|British Airways||JetBlue Airways||Southern Airways Express||WestJet|
|Delta Air Lines||JSX||Southwest Airlines||XOJET|
|Denver Air Connection|
Facts And Other Information Oakland, California, USA Airport
Postal address-1 Airport Dr, Oakland, CA 94621, United States
Contact Number- +1 510-563-3300
IATA Code:- OAK