About RDU Airport
Raleigh-Durham International Airport (RDU) is a major airport serving the Research Triangle Region of North Carolina, United States.
Here are some key details about Raleigh-Durham International Airport:
- Location: Raleigh-Durham International Airport is located approximately 10 miles (16 kilometers) northeast of downtown Durham and 15 miles (24 kilometers) northwest of downtown Raleigh. Its address is 2400 John Brantley Blvd, Morrisville, NC 27560.
- Airlines: RDU serves as a hub for American Airlines and Frontier Airlines. It is also served by several major carriers, including Delta Air Lines, Southwest Airlines, United Airlines, and JetBlue Airways, as well as various regional and international airlines.
- Passenger Traffic: Raleigh-Durham International Airport is one of the busiest airports in the southeastern United States. It handles millions of passengers annually and offers a wide range of domestic and international flights.
- Facilities: The airport has two passenger terminals, Terminal 1 and Terminal 2. Terminal 1 primarily handles Southwest Airlines flights, while Terminal 2 serves other airlines. The terminals offer various amenities, including dining options, retail stores, lounges, currency exchange, ATMs, and free Wi-Fi throughout the airport.
- Ground Transportation: RDU is well-connected to the surrounding region through various transportation options. These include taxis, ride-sharing services, hotel shuttles, rental cars, and public transportation provided by GoTriangle buses, which offer service to downtown Raleigh, downtown Durham, and other nearby locations.
- Parking: The airport provides several parking options for travelers, including hourly, daily, and economy parking lots. There are also Park & Ride lots available for long-term parking, with shuttle service to the terminals.
- Expansion and Renovation: In recent years, Raleigh-Durham International Airport has undergone expansion and improvement projects to meet the growing passenger demand. These projects have included terminal renovations, additional parking facilities, and the construction of a new air traffic control tower.
- Research Triangle Region: RDU serves the Research Triangle Region, which comprises Raleigh, Durham, and Chapel Hill. This area is known for its concentration of high-tech companies, research institutions, and universities, including North Carolina State University, Duke University, and the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill.
Flights Available Following Destinations From Raleigh-Durham International Airport
|Atlanta (ATL)||Minneapolis (MSP)||Hartford (BDL)||Kalitta Charters|
|New York City (JFK)||Detroit (DTW)||Salt Lake City (SLC)||Buffalo (BUF)|
|New York City (LGA)||Austin (AUS)||New Orleans (MSY)||Rochester (ROC)|
|Charlotte (CLT)||Chicago (MDW)||London Heathrow (LHR)||Louisville (SDF)|
|Boston (BOS)||Washington (IAD)||Montreal (YUL)||Freeport (FPO)|
|Orlando (MCO)||Houston (IAH)||Paris (CDG)||Manchester (MHT)|
|Chicago (ORD)||Toronto (YYZ)||Reykjavik (Keflavik) (KEF)||Cancún (CUN)|
|New York (EWR)||Seattle / Tacoma (SEA)||New Haven (HVN)||West Palm Beach (PBI)|
|Washington (DCA)||Los Angeles (LAX)||Trenton (TTN)||Fort Myers (RSW)|
|Denver (DEN)||Las Vegas (LAS)||Jacksonville (JAX)||Memphis (MEM)|
|Nashville (BNA)||Pittsburgh (PIT)||Cleveland (CLE)||Sarasota / Bradenton (SRQ)|
|Miami (MIA)||San Francisco (SFO)||Islip, Long Island (ISP)||Melbourne (MLB)|
|Philadelphia (PHL)||San Juan (SJU)||Indianapolis (IND)||Wilmington (ILG)|
|Dallas-Fort Worth (DFW)||Cincinnati (CVG)||Portland (PWM)||Columbus (CMH)|
|Baltimore-Washington (BWI)||Phoenix (PHX)||Syracuse (SYR)||Kansas City (MCI)|
|Tampa (TPA)||St. Louis (STL)||Providence (PVD)||Houston (HOU)|
|Fort Lauderdale (FLL)||Dallas (DAL)||Nassau (NAS)|
Top Airlines Operate from Fort Raleigh-Durham Airport
|AeroMexico||Brussels Airlines||Icelandair||Singapore Airlines|
|Air Canada||Cathay Pacific||ITA Airways||Southwest Airlines|
|Air France||China Eastern Airlines||JAL – Japan Airlines||Spirit|
|Air New Zealand||China Southern Airlines||JetBlue Airways||Sun Country|
|Air Tahiti Nui||Copa Airlines||Kalitta Air||Swift Air|
|Alaska Airlines||Delta Air Lines||Kenya Airways||SWISS|
|All Nippon Airways – ANA||El Al Israel Airlines||KLM Royal Dutch Airlines||TAP Air Portugal|
|Allegiant Air||Emirates||Korean Air||Tradewind Aviation|
|Aer Lingus||Ethiopian Airlines||LATAM Airlines||Turkish Airlines|
|American Airlines||Etihad Airways||Lufthansa||Ultimate Jetcharters|
|Austrian Airlines||Finnair||Malaysia Airlines||United Airlines|
|Avelo Airlines||Flexjet||NetJets Aviation||Virgin Atlantic|
|Avianca||Frontier Airlines||Qantas||Virgin Australia|
|Bahamasair||Gulf Air||Royal Air Maroc||WestJet|
|Breeze Airways||Hawaiian Airlines||Royal Jordanian||XOJET|
|British Airways||Iberia||SAS Scandinavian Airlines|
Facts And Other Information Morrisville , North Carolina USA Airport
Postal address-2400John, Brantley Boulevard, Morrisville, NC 27560, United States
Contact Number- +1 919-840-2123
IATA Code:- RDU