About DCA Airport
Ronald Reagan Washington National Airport (DCA) is a major airport located in Arlington, Virginia, just a few miles south of downtown Washington, D.C. It serves as one of the primary airports for the Washington, D.C. metropolitan area and is an essential transportation hub for travelers visiting the nation's capital. Here are some key details about Ronald Reagan Washington National Airport:
- History: The airport was originally established in 1941 as Washington National Airport and was renamed Ronald Reagan Washington National Airport in 1998 in honor of the 40th President of the United States, Ronald Reagan.
- Facilities: The airport has three terminal buildings: Terminal A, Terminal B, and Terminal C. Terminal B/C is the main terminal, with separate sections for domestic and international flights. The airport offers a variety of amenities, including restaurants, shops, lounges, and free Wi-Fi access.
- Airlines: Reagan National Airport primarily serves domestic flights, with numerous major airlines offering flights to various destinations across the United States.
- Close Proximity to Washington, D.C.: One of the airport's significant advantages is its close proximity to downtown Washington, D.C. It is the nearest airport to the city center, making it a convenient choice for travelers heading to the nation's capital.
- Perimeter Rule: Reagan National Airport operates under the "perimeter rule," which limits nonstop flights beyond a certain distance. This rule is in place to reduce congestion and encourage the use of other airports in the region for long-haul flights. As a result, most flights from DCA are relatively short-haul domestic routes.
- Transportation: The airport is easily accessible by various transportation options. It is connected to the Washington Metro system via the Yellow and Blue lines, providing a convenient way to reach the city and surrounding areas. Additionally, taxis, ride-sharing services, and rental cars are available for ground transportation.
- Potomac River Views: The airport's location along the Potomac River provides passengers with scenic views of the river and the city's landmarks during takeoff and landing.
- Security and Procedures: Reagan National Airport, like all major U.S. airports, follows strict security procedures implemented by the Transportation Security Administration (TSA). It is advisable for travelers to arrive with enough time to go through security checks and check-in processes.
Reagan National Airport's central location, easy access to downtown Washington, D.C., and its status as a hub for domestic travel make it a popular choice for travelers visiting the U.S. capital and surrounding areas.
Flights Available Following Destinations From Ronald Reagan Washington National Airport
|Boston (BOS)||Hartford (BDL)||Portland (PWM)||Salt Lake City (SLC)|
|Atlanta (ATL)||New Orleans (MSY)||Rochester (ROC)||Sarasota / Bradenton (SRQ)|
|Chicago (ORD)||Dallas (DAL)||Syracuse (SYR)||Akron (CAK)|
|New York City (LGA)||Charleston (CHS)||Buffalo (BUF)||San Juan (SJU)|
|Orlando (MCO)||Memphis (MEM)||Greenville / Spartanburg (GSP)||Asheville (AVL)|
|New York (EWR)||Albany (ALB)||Birmingham (BHM)||Portland (PDX)|
|Nashville (BNA)||Los Angeles (LAX)||Greensboro (GSO)||Tallahassee (TLH)|
|Dallas-Fort Worth (DFW)||Denver (DEN)||Columbia (CAE)||Myrtle Beach (MYR)|
|Miami (MIA)||Philadelphia (PHL)||Knoxville (TYS)||Key West (EYW)|
|Detroit (DTW)||Jacksonville (JAX)||Martha’s Vineyard (MVY)||Charleston (CRW)|
|Providence (PVD)||Burlington (BTV)||Seattle / Tacoma (SEA)||Jackson (JAN)|
|Raleigh / Durham (RDU)||West Palm Beach (PBI)||San Francisco (SFO)||Las Vegas (LAS)|
|Charlotte (CLT)||Norfolk (ORF)||Pensacola (PNS)||Nassau (NAS)|
|Minneapolis (MSP)||White Plains (HPN)||Des Moines (DSM)||Little Rock (LIT)|
|Fort Lauderdale (FLL)||Cleveland (CLE)||Savannah (SAV)||Baton Rouge (BTR)|
|St. Louis (STL)||Dayton (DAY)||Milwaukee (MKE)||Lansing (LAN)|
|Tampa (TPA)||Huntsville (HSV)||Omaha (OMA)||Augusta (AGS)|
|Chicago (MDW)||Nantucket (ACK)||Madison (MSN)||Tulsa (TUL)|
|New York City (JFK)||Fort Myers (RSW)||Grand Rapids (GRR)||Chattanooga (CHA)|
|Toronto (YYZ)||Phoenix (PHX)||Oklahoma City (OKC)||Lexington (LEX)|
|Pittsburgh (PIT)||Montreal (YUL)||Destin / Fort Walton Beach (VPS)||Fayetteville (XNA)|
|Cincinnati (CVG)||Bangor (BGR)||Hilton Head Island (HHH)||Montgomery (MGM)|
|Houston (IAH)||Houston (HOU)||Panama City (ECP)||Traverse City (TVC)|
|Indianapolis (IND)||Louisville (SDF)||Ottawa (YOW)||Halifax (YHZ)|
|Columbus (CMH)||Wilmington (ILM)||Cedar Rapids (CID)||New Bern (EWN)|
|Kansas City (MCI)||Manchester (MHT)||Austin (AUS)||South Bend (SBN)|
Top Airlines Operate from Reagan National Airport
|Aerolineas Argentinas||China Eastern Airlines||ITA Airways||Singapore Airlines|
|AeroMexico||China Southern Airlines||JAL – Japan Airlines||Southwest Airlines|
|Air Canada||Delta Air Lines||JetBlue Airways||Sun Country|
|Air Europa||El Al Israel Airlines||Kenya Airways||TAP Air Portugal|
|Air France||Emirates||KLM Royal Dutch Airlines||Ultimate Jetcharters|
|Air New Zealand||Fiji Airways||Korean Air||United Airlines|
|Air Tahiti Nui||Finnair||LATAM Airlines||Virgin Atlantic|
|Alaska Airlines||Flexjet||Malaysia Airlines||Virgin Australia|
|All Nippon Airways – ANA||Frontier Airlines||NetJets Aviation||Volaris|
|Asiana Airlines||Gulf Air||Qatar Airways||XOJET|
|Azul||Hawaiian Airlines||Royal Air Maroc|
|British Airways||Iberia||Royal Jordanian|
|Cathay Pacific||Icelandair||SAS Scandinavian Airlines|
Facts And Other Information Arlington , Virginia USA Airport
Postal address-2401 Ronald Reagan Washington National Airport Access Rd, Arlington, VA 22202, United States
Contact Number- +1 703-417-8000
IATA Code:- DCA