About Spirit Airlines Minneapolis–Saint Paul International Airport
Spirit Airlines operates flights to and from Minneapolis–Saint Paul International Airport (MSP). Spirit Airlines operates from Terminal 1 (Lindbergh Terminal) at Minneapolis–Saint Paul International Airport. This terminal is the main terminal and serves most airlines.Spirit Airlines offers both online check-in and airport check-in options. Online check-in is available 24 hours prior to the scheduled departure time. If you prefer to check in at the airport, Spirit Airlines has designated check-in counters at Terminal 1..If you have checked baggage, you will need to proceed to the Spirit Airlines baggage drop-off counters after completing the check-in process. These counters are located at Terminal 1..Spirit Airlines flights at Minneapolis–Saint Paul International Airport generally depart from the gates in Concourse E, which is located within Terminal 1.
FACTS and Information St. Paul Airport
|Airport Name||Minneapolis–Saint Paul International Airport|
|Terminals||2 Names are the I,2 Terminal|
|Airport MSPress||Minnesota, United States|
|Distance From Main City||7 miles (11 km) south of downtown Minneapolis|
|Status||Open For Commercial Flights|
|Airport Time Zone||(GMT-5)|
|Contact Number||1 612-726-5555|
|Land Area||4,700 acres|
|Activation date||10 July 1920|
|WORLD AREA CODE||522|
|Length Of Runway||3353 meters|
Terminal Of Spirit Airlines Minneapolis–Saint Paul International Airport
Within Terminal 1, Spirit Airlines flights typically depart from Concourse E. Concourse E is located within Terminal 1 and houses the gates for various airlines, including Spirit Airlines. It is important to note that terminal assignments can be subject to change, so it’s always recommended to check with Spirit Airlines or the official website of Minneapolis–Saint Paul International Airport for the most up-to-date information regarding terminal and gate assignments for your specific flight.
Arrival Terminal : Terminal 1
Departure Terminal Terminal 1
MSP Airport Check In Spirit Airlines
Spirit Airline Minneapolis Minnesota Airport Lounges
As a low-cost carrier, Spirit Airlines does not have dedicated lounges like some full-service airlines.
However, there may be independent or third-party lounges available at MSP that you can access for a fee or through membership programs. These lounges are often operated by other airlines or airport service providers. It’s advisable to check with the airport or visit its official website for information on available lounges, including their locations, amenities, and access requirements.
Spirit Flights Avaiable From Airport MSP To Other Locations
|Baltimore, MD / Washington DC AREA (BWI)||Portland, OR (PDX)||Detroit (DTW)||Aguadilla (BQN)|
|Orlando (MCO)||Fort Myers (RSW)||Las Vegas (LAS)||San Juan (SJU)|
|Miami (MIA)||Seattle (SEA)||Atlanta (ATL)||San Jose, CR (SJO)|
|Sacramento (SMF)||Cleveland (CLE)||Burbank (BUR)||Guayaquil (GYE)|
|Houston (IAH)||Dallas (DFW)||Oakland, CA / San Francisco, CA AREA (OAK)||Philadelphia (PHL)|
|Fort Lauderdale, FL (FLL)||Tampa (TPA)||Phoenix (PHX)||Pittsburgh (PIT)|
|New York (LGA)||San Diego (SAN)||Orange County (SNA)||Austin (AUS)|
|New Orleans (MSY)||San Pedro Sula (SAP)||Los Angeles (LAX)||New York/Newark (EWR)|
Lost and Found Contact Spirit Airlines Minneapolis–Saint Paul International Airport
To contact Spirit Airlines; Lost and Found department at Minneapolis-Saint Paul International Airport (MSP), you can follow these steps:
- Report the Lost Item: If you have lost an item at the airport or on a Spirit Airlines flight, it's recommended to report it as soon as possible. Visit the Spirit Airlines Lost and Found page on their official website or contact their customer service directly to initiate the process of reporting the lost item.
- Provide Details: When reporting the lost item, be prepared to provide specific details about the item, such as a description, size, color, brand, and any identifiable features. The more details you can provide, the better chance they have of locating your item.
Contact MSP Lost and Found: In addition to reporting the lost item to Spirit Airlines, you may also want to contact the Lost and Found department at Minneapolis–Saint Paul International Airport directly. The airport's Lost and Found office handles items lost within the airport terminals, parking areas, and public areas.
- Phone: Call the Lost and Found office at MSP by dialing their dedicated phone number. You can find the contact information for MSP Lost and Found on the airport's official website or by contacting their general information line.
- Online Form: Some airports, including MSP, offer online Lost and Found inquiry forms on their websites. You can fill out these forms with the details of your lost item to start the process of locating it.
It’s important to note that the Lost and Found process can take time, and there is no guarantee of recovery for all lost items. It’s recommended to act quickly, provide accurate information, and follow up with the respective departments for updates on your lost item.
Baggage Claim Spirit Airlines Minneapolis–Saint Paul International Airport
Spirit Airlines' baggage claim at Minneapolis–Saint Paul International Airport (MSP) is located in Terminal 1 (Lindbergh Terminal). After your flight, you will need to proceed to the baggage claim area to retrieve your checked luggage. Here's what you can expect:
- Terminal: Spirit Airlines operates from Terminal 1 at MSP. Upon arrival, follow the signs or consult the airport's information displays to make your way to Terminal 1.
- Baggage Claim Area: Once you enter Terminal 1, you will find baggage claim carousels located on the lower level. Look for signs directing you to the appropriate baggage claim area for your flight.
- Carousel Information: Check the flight information display screens within the terminal to find the carousel number assigned to your flight. The screens will indicate the flight numbers and corresponding carousel numbers where the baggage will be delivered.
- Collecting Your Baggage: Once you identify the carousel assigned to your flight, wait for your luggage to appear. Be sure to have your baggage claim ticket or luggage receipt readily available, as it may be required for verification purposes.
- Contacting Baggage Services: If you encounter any issues with your baggage, such as lost, damaged, or delayed luggage, you should contact Spirit Airlines' Baggage Services office located within the airport. They can assist you in filing a report and providing guidance on the next steps to resolve the issue.
Please note that the specific procedures and locations within the airport may be subject to change. It's always a good idea to check with Spirit Airlines or consult the official website of Minneapolis–Saint Paul International Airport for the most up-to-date information regarding baggage claim procedures and locations.
Ticket Booking Counter Spirit Airlines At Minneapolis–Saint Paul International Airport
Spirit Airlines is primarily an ultra-low-cost carrier that encourages customers to book their tickets online through their official website or by using their mobile app. These channels provide a convenient and efficient way to search for flights, compare fares, and complete the booking process.
Seat Upgrade Or Route Change Spirit Airlines MSP Minneapolis–Saint Paul International Airport
Spirit Airlines offers several options for seat upgrades or route changes at Minneapolis–Saint Paul International Airport (MSP). Here's what you need to know:
- Seat Upgrades: Spirit Airlines offers the option to purchase seat upgrades, such as selecting a seat with extra legroom or choosing a seat closer to the front of the plane for faster deplaning. You can typically select your preferred seat during the online booking process or by managing your reservation through the Spirit Airlines website or mobile app. Seat upgrade availability may vary depending on the flight and fare class.
- Route Change: If you need to make changes to your itinerary or route, such as changing your destination or travel dates, you may be able to modify your booking with Spirit Airlines. However, it's important to note that Spirit Airlines is an ultra-low-cost carrier, and making changes to your booking may incur fees or additional charges. The specific options, fees, and conditions for route changes will depend on the fare type, ticket rules, and availability.
To explore seat upgrade or route change options, you can do the following:
- Visit the Spirit Airlines website or mobile app: Log in to your reservation using your confirmation number or account details. From there, you can manage your booking and explore any available options for seat upgrades or route changes.
- Contact Spirit Airlines customer service: If you need assistance with seat upgrades or route changes, you can reach out to Spirit Airlines' customer service directly. They can provide guidance, check availability, and provide information on any associated fees or charges.
Collect Boarding Pass at Minneapolis–Saint Paul International Airport Spirit Airlines
To collect your boarding pass at Minneapolis–Saint Paul International Airport (MSP) for a Spirit Airlines flight, you have a few options:
- Online Check-in: Spirit Airlines encourages passengers to check in online prior to their flight. Online check-in typically opens 24 hours before the scheduled departure time. During the online check-in process, you can access and download your boarding pass electronically. Simply follow the instructions provided by Spirit Airlines and have your boarding pass ready on your mobile device or print it out before arriving at the airport.
- Self-Service Kiosks: If you prefer to collect a physical boarding pass at the airport, Spirit Airlines provides self-service kiosks at MSP. These kiosks are located in the terminal and allow you to check in, select seats (if available), and print your boarding pass. Follow the on-screen instructions, enter your relevant details, and retrieve your boarding pass from the kiosk.
- Ticket Counter: If you have specific needs or require assistance, you can visit the Spirit Airlines ticket counter at MSP. The ticket counter staff can assist with check-in and provide you with a boarding pass. Be sure to have your identification and flight details readily available.
It's important to note that the availability of self-service kiosks or ticket counters may vary depending on the time of your flight, airport procedures, or any operational changes. It's advisable to arrive at the airport with sufficient time before your departure to allow for check-in and security procedures.
How To Make Payments To Spirit Airlines At Minneapolis–Saint Paul International Airport
To make payments to Spirit Airlines at Minneapolis–Saint Paul International Airport (MSP), you have a few options:
- Online Payment: It is recommended to make your payment online through the Spirit Airlines website or mobile app before arriving at the airport. When booking your ticket or managing your reservation, you can typically make the payment using a credit or debit card. This allows you to complete the payment in advance and reduces the need for in-person transactions at the airport.
- Self-Service Kiosks: Spirit Airlines provides self-service kiosks at MSP where you can make payments for various services, such as baggage fees or seat selection (if available). These kiosks accept credit or debit cards for payment. Simply follow the on-screen instructions, select the payment option, and enter your card details to complete the transaction.
- Ticket Counter: If you need to make a payment or have any payment-related inquiries, you can visit the Spirit Airlines ticket counter at MSP. The ticket counter staff will assist you with making payments using a credit or debit card. Please note that the availability of ticket counter services may vary depending on the time of your flight or any operational changes.
It's important to note that cash payments may not be accepted at all locations or for all services, so it's advisable to have a credit or debit card available for payment.
Spirit Airlines Minneapolis–Saint Paul International Airport Address ?
Spirit Airlines Minneapolis–Saint Paul International Airport 4300 Glumack Drive St. Paul, MN 55111 United States
Is Minneapolis–Saint Paul International Airport Shutdown Today ?
To find out if Minneapolis–Saint Paul International Airport (MSP) is experiencing any shutdown or disruptions, You have to Check the official website of the airport or contacting the airport directly for the most up-to-date information. The airport’s website or their social media channels should have the latest announcements regarding any closures, delays, or operational changes.
Is Minneapolis–Saint Paul International Airport A Spirit Hub ?
Minneapolis–Saint Paul International Airport (MSP) is not a hub for Spirit Airlines. Spirit Airlines operates from multiple airports throughout the United States, but MSP is not designated as one of their primary hub airports.
What Terminal Is Spirit Airlines At Minneapolis–Saint Paul International Airport ?
Spirit Airlines operates from Terminal 1, also known as the Lindbergh Terminal, at Minneapolis–Saint Paul International Airport (MSP). Terminal 1 is the larger of the two terminals at MSP and handles most of the domestic and international flights.
How early should I get to the Minneapolis–Saint Paul International Airport Spirit Check-in ?
As a general guideline, it is recommended to arrive at Minneapolis–Saint Paul International Airport (MSP) for Spirit Airlines check-in at least two hours before your domestic flight departure time. This allows sufficient time for check-in, security screening, and any other necessary procedures before your flight.
Other Airlines Information At Minneapolis St Paul International Airport