About BOS Airport
Logan International Airport (BOS), officially named as General Edward Lawrence Logan International Airport, is the primary airport serving the city of Boston in Massachusetts, U.S. It is located in East Boston, 3 miles (4.8 km) from downtown Boston. The airport has four passenger terminals: A, B, C, and E. Terminals A and B are connected by a pedestrian walkway, and Terminals C and E are connected by a shuttle bus.
Logan Airport is a major hub for Delta Air Lines and jetBlue Airways. It also serves as a focus city for Spirit Airlines and Allegiant Air. The airport offers flights to destinations throughout the United States, Canada, Europe, and the Caribbean.
Boston Logan International Airport is one of the major airports serving the city of Boston, Massachusetts, in the United States. It is located in the East Boston neighborhood and covers an area of approximately 2,384 acres. Here are some key details about Boston Logan International Airport:
- Terminal Complex: Boston Logan has four passenger terminals: Terminal A, Terminal B, Terminal C, and Terminal E. Each terminal serves different airlines and destinations.
- Airlines: Several major domestic and international airlines operate from Boston Logan International Airport, including American Airlines, Delta Air Lines, JetBlue Airways, United Airlines, and many others.
- Facilities: The airport offers a range of facilities and services to passengers, including shops, restaurants, lounges, duty-free stores, currency exchange, ATMs, and car rental agencies.
- Runways: Boston Logan has six runways, designated as 4L/22R, 4R/22L, 9/27, 14/32, 15L/33R, and 15R/33L. These runways accommodate various types of aircraft.
- Ground Transportation: Passengers can access the airport through various modes of ground transportation, including taxis, ride-sharing services, private shuttles, buses, and the subway (via the MBTA Blue Line).
- International Flights: Boston Logan International Airport serves as a gateway for international travel, with direct flights to destinations in Europe, Asia, the Caribbean, and other parts of the world.
- Terminal E (International Terminal): Terminal E is dedicated to international flights and serves as the arrival and departure point for passengers traveling internationally. It offers customs and immigration facilities.
- Logan Express: Logan Express is a bus service that connects the airport with various locations in the Greater Boston area, such as Braintree, Framingham, Peabody, and Woburn. It provides an alternative to driving and parking at the airport.
- Amenities: The airport provides amenities such as free Wi-Fi, charging stations, children’s play areas, pet relief areas, and a wide range of dining and shopping options.
- Sustainability Initiatives: Boston Logan International Airport is committed to environmental sustainability. It has implemented various initiatives to reduce greenhouse gas emissions, conserve energy, and promote renewable energy sources.
Some interesting facts about Logan International Airport:
- The airport is named after General Edward Lawrence Logan, a 20th-century war hero native to Boston.
- The airport was built by the U.S. Army on 189 acres of tidal flats.
- The first commercial flight from Logan Airport took off in 1924.
- The airport has been expanded several times over the years, most recently in 2000.
- Logan Airport is a major economic driver for the Boston area, generating billions of dollars in economic activity each year.
Flights Available Following Destinations From Boston Logan International Airport
|Frankfurt (FRA)||Munich (MUC)||Salt Lake City (SLC)||Amsterdam (AMS)|
|Grand Cayman (GCM)||Myrtle Beach (MYR)||San Antonio (SAT)||Aruba (AUA)|
|Grand Rapids (GRR)||Nantucket (ACK)||San Diego (SAN)||Asheville (AVL)|
|Halifax (YHZ)||Nashville (BNA)||San Francisco (SFO)||Athens (ATH)|
|Harrisburg (MDT)||Nassau (NAS)||San Jose (SJC)||Atlanta (ATL)|
|Hilton Head Island (HHH)||New Bedford (EWB)||San Juan (SJU)||Augusta (AUG)|
|Hong Kong (HKG)||New Orleans (MSY)||San Salvador (SAL)||Austin (AUS)|
|Honolulu (HNL)||New York (EWR)||Santiago de los Caballeros (STI)||Baltimore-Washington (BWI)|
|Houston (HOU)||New York City (JFK)||Santo Domingo (SDQ)||Bar Harbor (BHB)|
|Houston (IAH)||New York City (LGA)||São Paulo (GRU)||Barcelona (BCN)|
|Hyannis (HYA)||Norfolk (ORF)||Saranac Lake (SLK)||Bermuda (BDA)|
|Indianapolis (IND)||Omaha (OMA)||Sarasota / Bradenton (SRQ)||Bogotá (BOG)|
|Istanbul (IST)||Orlando (MCO)||Savannah (SAV)||Bozeman (BZN)|
|Jacksonville (JAX)||Ottawa (YOW)||Seattle / Tacoma (SEA)||Bridgetown (BGI)|
|Kansas City (MCI)||Panama City (PTY)||Seoul (ICN)||Buffalo (BUF)|
|Key West (EYW)||Paris (CDG)||Shannon (SNN)||Calgary (YYC)|
|Knoxville (TYS)||Philadelphia (PHL)||Sint Maarten (SXM)||Cancún (CUN)|
|Las Vegas (LAS)||Phoenix (PHX)||St. Louis (STL)||Charleston (CHS)|
|Lebanon (LEB)||Pittsburgh (PIT)||Syracuse (SYR)||Charlotte (CLT)|
|Liberia (LIR)||Ponta Delgada (PDL)||Tampa (TPA)||Chicago (MDW)|
|Lisbon (LIS)||Portland (PDX)||Tel Aviv (TLV)||Chicago (ORD)|
|London Gatwick (LGW)||Providenciales (PLS)||Terceira Island (TER)||Cincinnati (CVG)|
|London Heathrow (LHR)||Provincetown (PVC)||Tokyo (NRT)||Cleveland (CLE)|
|Los Angeles (LAX)||Puerto Plata (POP)||Toronto (YTZ)||Columbus (CMH)|
|Louisville (SDF)||Punta Cana (PUJ)||Toronto (YYZ)||Copenhagen (CPH)|
|Madison (MSN)||Raleigh / Durham (RDU)||Traverse City (TVC)||Dallas-Fort Worth (DFW)|
|Madrid (MAD)||Reykjavik (Keflavik) (KEF)||Vancouver (YVR)||Denver (DEN)|
|Martha’s Vineyard (MVY)||Richmond (RIC)||Washington (DCA)||Destin / Fort Walton Beach (VPS)|
|Massena (MSS)||Rochester (ROC)||Washington (IAD)||Detroit (DTW)|
|Memphis (MEM)||Rockland (RKD)||West Palm Beach (PBI)||Doha (DOH)|
|Miami (MIA)||Rome (Fiumicino) (FCO)||White Plains (HPN)||Dubai (DXB)|
|Milwaukee (MKE)||Rutland (RUT)||Wilmington (ILM)||Dublin (DUB)|
|Minneapolis (MSP)||Sacramento (SMF)||Zürich (ZRH)||Edinburgh (EDI)|
|Montego Bay (MBJ)||Saint Lucia (UVF)||Fort Lauderdale (FLL)|
|Montreal (YUL)||Saint Thomas (STT)||Fort Myers (RSW)|
Top Airlines Operate from Logan International Airport
Postal address- One Harborside Dr Suite 200S, East Boston, MA 02128, United States
Longitude- 71.0096° W
Contact Number- +1 800-235-6426
Runway:- 2,557 feet to 10,081 fee